What is Memory Care?
Memory care is senior living that provides intensive, specialized care for people with cognitive issues including Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or other types of memory problems. Memory care is provided in a secured environment by specially trained staff in a shared or private room.
What does Memory Care Include?
Memory Care typically includes:
- 24-Hour supervised care by skilled staff specially trained to assist those with dementia or impaired cognitive abilities
- A secured environment
- Three meals a day and frequent snacks
- Medical monitoring and medication management
- An environment which is easy for residents with dementia to navigate
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, and grooming
- Activities geared toward maintaining cognitive abilities
Many assisted living communities in greater Nashville have memory care as part of a full continuum of care. Other memory care providers are stand alone communities.
What does Memory Care Cost?
Memory care costs typically range from $4,000 per month to upward of $10,000 a month depending on location, services and amenities provided.